I can't believe it has been almost a month since my internship started!
The second two weeks period was pretty much the same as the first one with a few exceptions.
This week PJ sent me my milestones, so I have the plans more or less now. I hope I can keep up with the schedule.
My first task after being comfortable around boot path for the APs, will be creating a new function and replacing it with the smp_init, cpu_up, _cpu_up and __cpu_up which is a function pointer to native_cpu_up and eventually calls do_boot_cpu. Right now, smp_init is looping through all the AP's and calls cpu_up().
The purpose of this project is bringing a parallel approach to waking CPU's up, so for the first step, the new function will loop over all possible AP's and call do_boot_cpu() on each of them.
So, I started to think about what could be a better approach, while I keep digging.
Also, this week I upgraded my Ubuntu to 13.04 because I had some problems with 12.04. Well, that had been a challenging process. First I upgraded it to 12.10, but after I rebooted my laptop, GUI didn't load! After many unsuccessful attempts, I was able to fix that problem. And then, I go on and upgraded it to 13.04. But it wasn't a flawless upgrade either. This time, I had problems with my wireless, web cam, fn keys etc. Following a research I realized my wireless driver was disabled! I was familiar with this problem and I knew how to fix that, I have learned it from Sarah Sharp during a debugging session at participation process of OPW. There is a very good explanation in the first patch tutorial for those who are interested.
That's all for now. :)