2013-07-04

After the first two weeks

The first two weeks of my internship have passed (and a little bit more). I've mostly spend these days digging the boot codes. I have to say, that hasn't been easy for me. For example, I've spent a lot of time trying match the algorithm given by Intel's Software Developper's Manual with the boot codes. After a while I realised from my mentor's answers, that algorithm was BIOS's and I shouldn't be worrying about it. :) But my mentor (Peter P Waskiewicz Jr) is being very helpful and encouraging. As I started putting pieces together, the whole thing makes a little bit more sense to me. :) I can't wait to start making some contributions, however it will take some more time until I get comfortable around this boot puzzle.

On my second week, I started some git tutorials. I'm not familiar to git, it's a new world for me, but I'm getting used to it. There are some really good tutorials.

Here are some links:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/315911/git-for-beginners-the-definitive-practical-guide

https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gittutorial.html

My first two weeks of my OPW internship passed so quickly. I found out there are so much to learn, even more than I thought. But I will be fine, just keep digging... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment